Who We Are
Citizen mobility plays an important role in the development of a metropolis and Hyderabad is no exception. Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is an initiative to meet the growing needs of transportation in Hyderabad. Based on Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS), the Metro Rail Project will reduce traffic congestion across Hyderabad, lower pollution level and improve the ‘livability index’ of Hyderabad. This ambitious Project was awarded to Larsen & Turbo (L&T). A special purpose vehicle, L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Limited (LTMRHL), was incorporated as “the concessionaire” to enter into an agreement with the then Government of Andhra Pradesh on 4th September, 2010, for implementation of the Project under Design-Built-Finance-Operate-Transfer (DBFOT) basis. A dazzling example of efficient public transport system, HMR is a marvel of modern engineering that will add a new dimension to the city of Hyderabad.
- It is the largest Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the world, in the Metro rail sector, with a total network of seventy-two kilometers spread across Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) will operate on three distinct lines – Blue, Green and Red, comfortably connected with existing Indian railways terminals, MMTS and bus stations along the corridors.
- Eco friendly, fully automated and best-in-class transportation framework that will contribute to reduction in carbon footprints and overall pollution using Regenerative Braking Technology (RBT) and running on Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) technology.
- Comfortable air-conditioned coaches that will reduce commuting time across the city.
Our Project Team
- L&T Construction – Viaduct, Stations & Depot, Power Supply, SCADA & Traction
- Hyundai Rotem, South Korea – Rolling Stock
- Thales, Canada – Signalling & Train Control
- Thales, Portugal – Communication
- L&T Construction along with Voest Alpine – Austria, Tata Corus – France & Vossloh – Germany – Track works (Turnouts / Rails / Fastening system)
- Keolis Hyderabad (A fully owned subsidiary of Keolis S.A) – O&M Operator
- Samsung, South Korea – Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) Infrastructure
- OTIS, US – Elevators & Escalators
All Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities for the Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) Project have been outsourced to Keolis -Hyderabad, – A subsidiary of Keolis S.A. One of the world leaders in public transport business and with offices across fifteen countries, Keolis offers a full range of transport solutions in tune with the transportation priorities of each region.