Safety and Security
We work closely with the local law enforcing authorities to ensure safety and security of our passengers at all Metro train premises and inside the trains. To report any suspicious item, person or activity inside Metro train premises, call 040-2333-2555 or visit the Customer Care Center in our premises.
- CCTV and intrusion detection systems across Metro premises are continuously monitored by our trained staff.
- Dedicated security staff equipped with communication system.
- Security checks – (Metal door detectors and hand held metal detectors) and baggage scanning before accessing the AFC gate to prevent any illegal or hazardous items entering the station.
- Centralized access control.
- Operation staff with wireless communication system.
- Maintain strong processes based on systematic approach for risk evaluation in line with government guidelines
- Trained safety guards deployed to handle emergencies and work closely with Telangana Special Task Force.
- Create and maintain a robust security culture to safeguard life and property.
- Please read and follow safety rules within Metro premises and train.
- Please read and follow the Do’s & Don’ts displayed at our Metro stations and website.
- If you see any unattended items, please report it immediately to Metro station staff
- For further information / assistance, you may contact Metro Customer Care Center.
Prohibition against carriage of Dangerous or offensive Material
- Unauthorized items, as listed below, will not be permitted to be carried inside paid areas and in the trains by any one, unless otherwise specifically permitted by government authority:-
- Alcohol, petrol, diesel, kerosene, gas cylinder or any other inflammable material
- Gases that are compressed /liquefied / dissolved under pressure
- Inflammable solids
- Acids & other corrosive materials
- Radioactive substances and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and enhanced conventional weapons which possess risk to passengers or property
- Drugs prohibited by Central / State Govt. for carriage in public places
- Poisonous (toxic) substances
- Oxidizing substances
- Grenades, bombs, detonators, explosives, or explosive substances which possess risk of explosion or fire or both
- Any Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- Knives, scissors, blades or any sharp objects which can lead to physical injury
- Weapons & Ammunition
- Weapons & Ammunition
In case of an emergency:
- Press Fire Help points available at all Metro stations immediately if you notice a fire threat. This will alert the Metro staff at the particular station.
- PESB (Passenger Emergency Stop Buttons) are available at both ends of every platform. Press the button to stop incoming trains if you notice any threat to life and property. Any misuse will be penalized.
- Please press the CALL button to talk to the train operator in case of an emergency onboard Metro trains.
- Listen carefully and follow instructions by Metro staff. Please leave the station immediately by following the emergency exit signage as soon as evacuation is announced.
- Do not use elevators or escalators during an emergency situation.